TESOL/TEFL Job Opportunities
ESL teaching opportunities exist around the globe. As globalization continues and the world gets smaller, English is becoming more and more important. Teaching opportunities are expanding in many countries as students and workers seek to improve their marketable employment skills. Here in New York, the most multi-cultural city in the U.S, there is a substantial ESL industry that services 2 general populations - students coming from abroad to learn English in our exciting city; and immigrants who need English for a better life here. This is all good news for qualified ESL teachers - whether you want to travel and live abroad or stay in the U.S. and discover new cultures at home.
in New York City and Abroad
Job assistance is offered to successful graduates of the SIT TESOL Certificate Intensive of Extensive Course who are eligible to
legally work in the U.S.*:
- Rennert works with partner agencies in several other countries for job placement assistance for native-speaking university graduates with a
- Rennert New York language school regularly hires outstanding graduates as teachers after they receive their certificates. Many current
Rennert teachers are alumni of the TESOL course.
- All TESOL alumni are provided with a comprehensive database of private language institutions, community colleges and immigrant organizations
that offer ESL classes in the greater New York area, with contact details. This is particularly useful because the ESL industry, more than most,
relies on resumes already received when looking for new teachers.
- Rennert provides information on jobs and living abroad for a variety of countries with the scoop from people who have actually lived and
taught in those countries.
- Known job vacancies are forwarded to alumni via a bi-monthly alumni newsletter or group e-mailings.
- Alumni are given tips on finding jobs, and trainers are available to review resumes and act as references.
- On completion of the TESOL certificate, alumni are connected to a listserv of graduates of all SIT courses worldwide to facilitate job
- Rennert provides TESOL alumni with a list of useful websites that help you find ESL jobs. These sites offer international job postings,
advice, and information about working in particular regions.
- Rennert trainers are more than happy to help with any job issues and advice at any time before or after you have completed the course
- Rennert staff are available to give individual assistance with resumes and cover letters for course graduates.
* Job assistance is not a guarantee of employment