ARTS plus ENGLISH
8-Week Super Intensive Filmmaking Workshop/English
Step into the role of director and producer with a hands-on program that calls you to action!
English-4 weeks: Sponsored by the New York Film Academy and Rennert International, Filmmaking plus English is a super-intensive training program that
combines the study of Filmmaking and English learning. This unique program begins with a Rapid Progress 30 American English course where students
improve their listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for a minimum of 4 weeks in order to reach an upper-intermediate level of English.
Filmmaking-4 weeks: Participate in a 4-week Filmmaking workshop at the world-renowned New York
Film Academy. This intensive course is structured around the production of three short film projects of increasing complexity.
New York Film Academy graduates have gone to work on hit TV shows, Academy Award-nominated films and documentaries, as well as popular music videos
and stage productions. Classes and hands-on film workshops are held Monday through Friday for four weeks, with nights and weekends spent on writing,
choosing locations, shooting, directing, and editing of films.
Course Key Facts
||8 weeks total (4 weeks English + 4 weeks Filmmaking)
|Lessons per Week:
||30 hours English for four weeks
30 + hours filmmaking for four weeks
||Proof of high school graduation or equivalency
Upper-intermediate level of English; a pre-enrollment
conversation by Skype or phone is required. No previous filmmaking experience necessary
|English Start Dates 2016:
||Jan. 4, Feb. 8, March 7, April 4, May 9, June 13, July 11, Aug. 8, Sept. 6**
**5-week NYFA Workshop due to Holidays
||New York: $3,500/4 weeks Filmmaking plus cost of English program and a $500 materials fee.
Miami: $3,500/4 weeks Filmmaking plus cost the of English program and a $500 materials fee.
|F1 visa students:
||F1 visa is required for this program
- Small groups with a maximum of 12 students in the English class
- Four weeks of professional, hands-on training with New York Film Academy instructors
- Exposure to the filmmaking process from conception to completion
- Completion of three short film projects in four weeks
- Presentation of your film to your classmates and instructors
- Maximum progress in English with this dual-course program
- Certificates upon successful completion from both New York Film Academy and Rennert International